Our ever popular Try Baseball days are back on again this year.
They will be held at Figtree High School grounds on Sun 14th August 2016 & Sun 28th August 2016 between 10:30-12:30pm
Check our our flyer by clicking here
A range of exciting games based around the skills of hitting, catching, throwing and base running will be run by our accredited coaches.
No cost or obligation, just turn up to give the sport a try for yourself. It even includes a FREE Sausage Sizzle & a small gift for all children that participate on the day.
We encourage you to register your attendance just so we know how many to cater for & allow us to advise you of any change due to wet weather. Simply click to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, remember to include your child's name, DOB, school. (NOTE: Date of Birth helps us understand which age group your child fits in & advise you the cost if choose to join up thereafter).
If you wish to talk to someone to gain more specific information please feel free to contact Nathan on (0411 537623).
- All our local games are played at the one location (Fred Finch Park, Berkeley) on a Sunday morning - so very family friendly (especially for multi-children families).
- Games only go for 1hr or 1.5hrs, not like some other summer sports.
- The Cardinals club are the biggest junior club in Illawarra & have at least one team in every age group. We normally have multiple teams in the younger age groups & can provide a good opportunities to match up friends/school buddies in the same team.
- Playing baseball (t-ball) promotes the development of hand and eye co-ordination and gross motor skills.
- Provides interaction and develops communication skills in a team environment
- Boys and girls play in mixed teams
- Modified games to suit all ages and skill levels (T-Ball/Machine Ball U7-U10's & Baseball U12-U16's).
- Baseball is played in over 120 countries.
- Baseball has a rich history in Australia dating back 160 years to the Victorian Gold Rush
- Baseball's Claxton Shield is the second oldest Australian national sporting shield.
- The Australian men's baseball team were silver medallists in the 2004 Athens Olympic Games.
- NY Yankee Alex Rodriguez holds the worlds largest player contract: $275 million over 10 years
- In March 2014 the opening Major League (MLB) game was played at the SCG (Sydney).